The Faropoint Investments team is expanding, and we are looking for an ambitious and motivated Construction Manager to join us. Ideal candidate would have 2 – 5 years of experience in construction project management/execution.
We invite you to submit your CV. We promise to keep it confidential and evaluate your application thoroughly.
- Lead small to mid-size tenant buildouts, capital improvements, new acquisition property due diligence, and future development on a diverse real estate portfolio
- Manage relationships with property managers, general contractors, sub-contractors, due diligence vendors on cradle to grave project deliveries
- Accountable for project costs & reconciliation, schedules, performance, and safety
- Communications, escalations, and resolving client/tenant issues
- Project value-engineering; Perform other related duties as assigned
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Construction, or Civil Engineering and 3-5 years of relevant working experience with advanced knowledge in construction engineering or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience in project management/execution with an understanding of standard project management processes/procedures
- Has knowledge of commercial roofing, asphalt, building construction, and mechanical systems such as fire suppression, electrical distribution systems, HVAC, and gas distribution systems
- Ability to manage small to mid-size projects
- Proficient in executing fast-tracked projects
- Can speak “means and methods” with the executive team, contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and tenants.
- Can read and understand environmental due diligence reports
- Working knowledge of excel
- Ability to multi-task while working on numerous projects simultaneously at various stages of completion
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, MS Project required
- Experience with Yardi Systems is a plus
- Experience in the real estate industry is a plus
- Office, plant, or warehouse site environment
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for an extended period
- Ability to walk up numerous flights of stairs/ladders multiple times a day and/or work in tight spaces in extreme conditions
- May work near moving mechanical parts and equipment
- Office, Commercial and/or industrial setting with the potential of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals*
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Travel and/or field experience required