The Faropoint investment team is expanding. We are looking for an ambitious and brilliant VP of Underwriting. The candidate will be working closely with the head of acquisitions and CIO and will lead cross-organizational projects, Improvement of acquisition and underwriting infrastructure nationally and focus of various market composition and capital allocations.
What will you be doing:
- Leading cross-organizational high-profile projects.
- Oversee establishment and implementation of new ways to improve company’s underwriting process and protocols and standardization of underwriting across all active markets.
- Take part of portfolio composition and capital allocations work per various active funds.
- Grow to be the company expert and the go-to person for any underwriting inquiries.
- Lead training of underwriting and other acquisition protocols across all of Faropoint local market teams.
- Lead the preparation of investment committee materials
- Develop analytical tools to allow leadership to better understand the state of the acquisition pipeline and for local markets to make their day-to-day underwriting process smoother.
- Setting new acquisitions\UW protocols and implementing them across all markets.
- Work directly with all regional officer and Market officers, R&D team, and Asset management department to constantly improve acquisitions\UW procedures and reporting.
- Improvement of data collection and analysis across the acquisition’s technological platforms.
- Working with lenders to provide the required information for ongoing acquisitions.
- Working with the investor relations department to provide them with data support relating company’s underwriting.
- MUST: proven ability to lead and implement meaningful cross-organizational projects.
- MUST: minimum of 3 years of commercial real estate experience with a focus on acquisition or real estate lending.
- Solution-oriented with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and add value.
- Highly analytical mindset and curiosity to research market trends and market data.
- Experience with industrial real estate acquisitions or in-depth CRE underwriting (advantage).
- Relevant experience on leading underwriting in top tier national brokers shop (advantage)
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university.
Key Skills & Abilities:
- MUST: proven ability to lead meaningful cross-organizational projects.
- MUST: proven ability to improve organizational processes and implementation.
- Able to successfully work in a team-oriented environment and partner with internal colleagues.
- In-depth knowledge of real estate acquisitions.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including building templates for other users, advanced modelling and underwriting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and be able to generate reporting memos or reflect new ideas in an accurate and easy way.
- Strong analytical and critical outside-the-box thinking skills.
- High comfort level with the technology used to aid in collaboration, communication, and documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advantage: relevant experience in Industrial acquisitions and capital markets.
- Advantage: relevant experience working with big data and BI tools.
We invite you to submit your CV
We promise to keep it confidential and evaluate your application thoroughly.