New York Market Leader
People. Relationships. Technology.
These three pillars have made our group among the fastest-growing industrial real estate private equity companies and one of the 50 largest owners in the U.S.
People: We are constantly seeking driven and intelligent people to help facilitate our exponential growth. The people in our company feature a specific culture and DNA – We move fast, are very agile, and are very thorough and data-driven. Working at Faropoint will be in a dynamic environment that would be exciting and highly beneficial for your career.
Relationships: Our employees, partners, investors, and other stakeholders are always top of mind. Since we are consistently growing, there are always new opportunities for career advancement and new relationships to foster. The shoes that need filling get bigger and bigger. All you need to do is demonstrate initiative and lead, and we will be right there next to you to support and help you think through complex challenges. Within a relatively short period, you will witness that we trust your judgment to make big decisions on behalf of Faropoint and our business partners and take charge of large projects and initiatives. That is the kind of relationship we have with our employees. We know our expectations are high, and we offer a competitive compensation package accordingly.
Technology: We continuously implement technological solutions to increase efficiency, transparency, and accuracy across our business units. Real Estate is considered a ‘conservative’ industry with standard practices that do not always fit 21st century needs. Working at Faropoint will allow you to gain exposure to new, cutting-edge technology tools that will enable us to run fast, streamline processes, and add value to all stakeholders.
Faropoint (www.faropoint.com) is an international private equity firm specializing in acquiring and operating Last Mile and e-Commerce related Industrial Real Estate assets. Since 2012, the firm has managed over 15M SF of assets and is considered a trusted partner for Institutional Investors, top-tier Family Offices, and High Net Worth individuals.
The Faropoint investment team is expanding. We are looking for an ambitious and brilliant Market Leader to join our team. The position is based in the New York metropolitan area.
We invite you to submit your CV via LinkedIn quick apply. We promise to keep it confidential and evaluate your application thoroughly.
· Lead our expansion into the New York Metro Area:
· Source investment opportunities and maintain ongoing relationships with business affiliates.
Assist with disposition, acquisitions, and refinancing efforts through broker solicitation and
selection, negotiation of legal agreements, and closing.
· Underwrite full life cycle of each asset from acquisition through disposition, including investor
returns under different scenarios.
· Develop and implement strategic business plans for each asset that will govern its daily
operations, position in the market, and ultimate disposition.
· Direct and steer Property Management teams to ensure financial performance, timely
reporting, proactive and high-quality repairs and maintenance, and positive tenant relations.
· Assist with conducting transaction analysis and support due diligence for new acquisitions.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for investor clients and senior leadership.
· Develop analytical tools to allow leadership to understand the state of the portfolio better.
· Review property manager operating expense and CAM reconciliations for accuracy and
provide final approvals to PMs before sending out tenant letters.
· Collaborate with other departments to improve and document processes and streamline
· Manage relationships with leasing brokers, attorneys, and lenders to negotiate lease terms at
or above proforma budget.
· Develop capital improvement strategies and oversee design and construction management
· Negotiate third-party contracts and oversee implementation of capital improvement and
“value-add” programs within the portfolio
· 3-5 years of commercial real estate experience focusing on acquisition or asset management
· Deep knowledge of the NY Metro market.
· Experience with industrial real estate (advantage).
· Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related field (advantage).
Key Skills & Abilities:
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, including building templates for other users, advanced
modeling, and underwriting skills.
· In-depth knowledge of real estate finance, including commercial lease terms and debt and
· Able to successfully work in a team-oriented environment and partner with internal
colleagues, external suppliers, and cross-functional groups.
· Strong analytical, accounting, and critical thinking skills.
· High comfort level with the technology used to aid collaboration, communication, and
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.